About approval of the strategy of development of agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan for 2020-2030
For consular and visa issues, please contact the Embassy of the Republic of Uzbekistan in Berlin:
Perleberger Str. 62, 10559 Berlin
Tel.: +49 30 394 098 30/80
Fax: +49 30 394 098 62
Hotline of the Ministry of Foreign
Affairs of Uzbekistan:
+998 71 233 28 28
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
In recent years, the country’s agricultural sector has been reforming, including improving public administration, introducing market-based relations, strengthening the legal framework for relations between entities producing, processing and selling agricultural products, attracting investment, introducing resource-saving technologies, and agriculture.
Certain work is being done to equip manufacturers with modern technology.
At the same time, the absence of a long-term strategy for agricultural development impedes efficient use of land and water resources, extensive investment in the sector, higher profitability of producers and increased competitiveness of products.
Diversification of production, improvement of land and water relations, creation of favorable agribusiness environment and high value chain, support of development of cooperative relations, wide introduction of market mechanisms, information and communication technologies, as well as effective use of scientific achievements and human resources. in order to increase the capacity:
1. To approve:
Development of agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan with participation of international organizations and experts
Strategy for 2020-2030 (hereinafter - Strategy) according to the appendix 1 ;
To approve "Road map" (further - "Road map") on implementation of the tasks defined in the strategy of development of agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan for 2020-2030 .
2. Determine the following as priorities of Strategy implementation:
development and implementation of the state food security policy, ensuring the food safety and improving the diet, the production of the required amount of food;
wide introduction of market principles in the purchase and sale of agricultural products, development of quality control infrastructure, promotion of exports, creation of a favorable agribusiness environment and value chain envisaging competitive, highly value-added agricultural and food products in the target international markets;
introduction of mechanisms to reduce public participation and increase investment attractiveness in the sector, envisaging increased inflow of private investment capital to support modernization, diversification and sustainable growth of agriculture and the food industry;
Improvement of the system of rational use of natural resources and environmental protection, including the rational use of land and water resources, forest resources;
development of modern management systems envisaging restructuring and further development of the state management structure in agriculture;
Increased efficiency and gradual redistribution of public expenditures by developing sectoral programs aimed at improving productivity, improving product quality, and creating value-added activities on farms;
development of a system of science, education, information and advisory services in agriculture, envisaging the use of effective forms of dissemination of knowledge and information, integrated with production of R&D;
implementation of rural development programs, which provide for a balanced and sustainable development of rural areas;
Creation of a transparent network statistics system, which envisages the introduction of reliable methods of collecting, analyzing and disseminating statistical data through the widespread use of modern information technologies.
3. To approve Coordinating Council on implementation of the strategy of development of agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan for 2020-2030 (further - Coordination council) in structure according to appendix No. 3 .
To establish the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan as a working body of the Coordinating Council .
4. Coordination Council (A.Aripov):
Ensure full, timely and quality implementation of the Strategy, and regular monitoring of achievement of the established indicators;
within one month , a permanent working group consisting of qualified specialists in each of the main areas of the Strategy, including foreign experts, grants of international financial organizations, foreign countries and other donors, extra-budgetary funds of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan, and legislation. to form salaries and other payments at the expense of other sources not forbidden;
Ensure quality and timely development and introduction of drafts of regulatory and legal documents aimed at implementation of the Strategy and Road Map;
annually until December 1 to organize qualitative development and submit to the Administration of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan the draft Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the approval of the Action Plan for the next year, with an in-depth analysis of the objectives for the current year;
quarterly submit to the Administration of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan information on the implementation of the Strategy.
5. To the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan within one month to establish a responsible department in the structure of the Ministry with additional 4 staff units to ensure full and timely fulfillment of the tasks envisaged by this Decree and to attract foreign experts.
To determine that the attraction of foreign experts is carried out at the expense of the Ministry’s budgetary and international financial institutions grants and technical assistance.
6. The President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated October 9, 2019
In accordance with the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. PP-4486 "On Measures for Further Improvement of Water Resources Management System", the Ministry of Water Resources of the Republic of Uzbekistan has established the Agency for Implementation of Water Management Projects.
To transfer to the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan the existing investment projects, project implementation groups, as well as the rights, obligations and contracts.
7. of the state budget, state funds and off-budget funds of ministries and departments, the cost parameters of agricultural diversification of the structure of the target areas Annex 4 defined.
8. To the Chambers of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
Establish parliamentary and public oversight of the timely and effective implementation of the strategy;
Recommend that the ministries and departments and the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan and governors of the regions be heard quarterly at the sessions of the Senate, Legislative Chamber and the Supreme Council of the People’s Deputies of the Republic of Karakalpakstan.
9. The Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Uzbekistan, together with the Ministry of Justice, other interested ministries and agencies, within two months to submit proposals to the Cabinet of Ministers on amendments and additions to the legislation arising from this Decree.
10. The National News Agency of Uzbekistan and the National Television and Radio Company of Uzbekistan together with the Ministry of Agriculture should ensure wide coverage of the essence, goals and objectives of this Decree in mass media.
11. Control of execution of this Decree to assign to the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan ANAripov and the head of Presidential Administration of the Republic of Uzbekistan Z.Nizomiddinov.
Republic of Uzbekistan
October 23, 2019